Re: fancy MDA sought

also sprach Thorsten Haude <debian@thorstenhau.de> [2002.01.07.1136 +0100]:
> I may be wrong, but wouldn't this break some expectations? I know only
> of MDAs that are called via ~/.forward, so there's no point in parsing
> it.

quite possible, the terminology gets flakey there... postfix is a
full-featured MDA as well...

i think that the MDA starts at the point when you know who the recipient
user is, and you start "delivering".

.forward is under user control, so it doesn't matter what happens
therein, i think the delivery process started before .forward was
consulted...

but terminology aside, is there a tool capable of accepting mail at
stdin, passing it through filters, and then respecting the users
.forward file, or delivering to a Maildir (or another pipe) instead?

"may your future be limited only by your dreams."
                                                  -- christa mcauliffe