Re: Kernel boots from floppy, not from hard drive

Yes, I ran lilo (several times).  As I indicated, lilo runs
correctly and starts loading the kernel before the kernel load
halts.  I understand from my reading that if there is an error in
lilo running, I would see only L, LI, or LIL on the screen.  Since
I get LILO loading KERNEL ....., I infer that LILO is finished and
the kernel is loading.

What is the minimum set of files that need to be accessible for a
kernel to load and boot?

Al