Re: Booting a (network) machine that has no kbd and no monitor attached.

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 02:13:09AM +0200, Shaul Karl wrote:
| I am setting up a machine that will be connected to the local network
| and will not have a monitor nor a keyboard attached to it.
| What changes, if any, should be made to the Debian software in order
| for such machine to be able to boot without complaining about the
| missing keyboard or monitor? In particular, what modifications are
| required for the initialization scripts and to the kernel? Are there
| any boot parameters that should be passed to the kernel about the lack
| of kbd/monitor?

The system doesn't even know if there is a monitor or not.  Are you
planning on keeping a video card in it?  I think this is a good idea
for those times when the system gets hosed so that you can plug a
monitor in and see.

-D

--

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes at least a 486 to run Windows 95.