Samba printing problem

I'm having a heckuva time getting a Win 2K machine to print. On my
debian system, I have CUPS installed and its working. I've got an Epson
Stylus Color 600 connected to /dev/lp0 and I'm using the gimp printer
drivers. I've installed cupsys, cupsys-bsd, cupsys-client,
cupsys-driver-gimpprint, and cupsys-pstoraster. I'm running Debian
unstable.

My /etc/printcap.cups file contains the following line in it:

epson600:

Is this all it needs?

I made one change to my cupsysd.conf file. I added the following line to
the <Location /> section:
  Allow From *.mydomain.name

I've added the following lines to my smb.conf file:

[Global]
	load printers = yes
	printing = cups
	printcap name = /etc/printcap.cups

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/cups/tmp/
	printer name = epson600
	public = yes
	create mode = 0700
	print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P %p -o raw %s
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpstat -o %p
	lprm command = /usr/bin/cnacel %p-%j
	available = yes

Windows 2000 sees the printer and lets me install the drivers for it,
but won't let me print to it. It says 'Access Denied, Unable to Connect'

My /var/spool/cups directory is owned by lp and the group is sys. It has
700 privileges. My log file is telling me I have insufficient
permissions to open spool file /var/spool/cups/tmp.

This is driving me crazy.