Some guidance re reporting xemacs21/mailcrypt bug
I have a problem with either xemacs or mailcrypt. Under certain
conditions xemacs hangs when signing a buffer using mailcrypt. There
is already a very similar bug (#72210) filed against xemacs -
regarding encryption (not signing... encryption works fine for me). I
have a little more info than what was submitted with 72210 that
reproduces the bug on my setup.
I'm a bit newish to debian and need to know:
- do I file a new bug OR do I just send email to 72210@bugs...
with my (more) info? (The bugs seem very similar, but not identical)
- I can't figure out whether this is an xemacs or mailcrypt bug -
maybe the original submit (which is 1 year and 103 days old) today,
should have gone to mailcrypt instead?
- If so (if it's actually a mailcrypt thing) what do I do?
- Should this email rather have gone to debian-emacsen instead?
I'm running woody.
ii xemacs21 21.4.1-2 Editor and kitchen sink
ii mailcrypt 22.214.171.12410925-1 An Emacs interface to the GNU Privacy Guard.
ii gnupg 1.0.6-2 GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement.
uname -a says:
Linux laptop 2.4.6 #8 Sun Sep 30 10:27:31 SAST 2001 i686 unknown
The problem is that when signing a largish buffer with mailcrypt,
xemacs hangs. This is so for:
- a file with 300 identical lines, each of length 80
- a file with 4 identical lines, each of length 80*300
but, the following works fine:
- a file with 300*80 characters on a single line
Similar to bug #72210, signing those files from the commandline with
gpg works fine.
- Iwan Vosloo