Re: Replacing a RAID Drive

hi ya robert

after you install the new disks... let it do its magic to resync
itself.... ( dont write any new info to it for a while )

watch the counter/timer to see when its done resyncing back to its
happy self...

	cat /proc/mdstat
	- should tell you how long it has before finished sync'ing

	- if your master died... you should wait...

	- if your slave(mirror) died... you should be able to continue
	  but risky ... donno what happens when it has too much stuff to
	  sync up

since oyu have to install the new hard disk,,,
- i assume yu already shut down.... and installed the new disk and
  formated it etc... and power up

- BEFORE installing the replacement disk... i'd make sure it still
  boots in degraded mode before you install the new disk
	- make sure you can boot...first...
	- make a boot floppy if you have to...and test the boot floppy

- once the new disk is installed, just keep going... no need to shutdown
 again.. until AFTER it finished resyncing...

c ya
alvin