Re: FW: Careful. This is for information only.

taking a cue from various posts on this subject, i tar'd up a *lot* of gnu
software tars into one heck of large file. i put this in my webserver html
section as default.ida, thinking, well, if the infected machine wants a file,
give it to it! <g>

transferring hundreds of megabytes should get the attention of the culprit
machine user!! <bg>

unfortunately, this malicious worm will disconnect if it starts uploading (it
would appear). the error log file notes that the upload was disconnected. :((
on the other hand, maybe it filled a disk somewhere???

--
regards,
allen wayne best

The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older
people, and greatly assists in the circulation of the blood.
		-- Logan Pearsall Smith