NFS mounting errors

Hi!
    Whenever I reboot my system, I get the following error from
/etc/init.d/mountnfs.sh:

RPC: unable to receive, errno: no route to host

The result is that some NFS mount requests fail.  The funny thing is
that this happens for only the first directory I try to mount from a
particular host.  For example, if my /etc/fstab has entries

somehost:/dir1 /dir1 nfs rw,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,mountvers=3 0 0
somehost:/dir2 /dir2 nfs rw,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,mountvers=3 0 0

then the dir1 line will result in an error but the dir2 line will
succeed.

Has anyone seen anything similar and been able to debug it?  I do have
entries in /etc/hosts for all hosts from which I'm doing NFS mounts.

Thanks,
    Max