Re: Setting up my own apt sources

> > How does one go about
> > organising a server so it can be an apt source?
>
> Depends on what exactly you want to do.  If you want to host a mirror
> of the latest versions of your packages (or a full mirror of debian),
> take a look at the apt-move package.  It looks like it should do a
> pretty good job of that.

Yes sir, that will do nicely, thanks for the pointer.

It seems that apt-move only works on the actual machine where you want to
run the mirror:  there does not seem to be a way to point the local
directory to a third machine.  So, for my centralised Debian package
archive, it looks like I should rsync the /var/cache/apt/archives
direcories of any machines I set up to the correspondig directory on my
local mirror machine, and run apt-move on that one machine.

Does that sound like a reasonable way to go about things?

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus