Re: upgrade to testing now ppp not working

	Subject: Re: upgrade to testing now ppp not working
	Date: Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 11:15:08PM -0400

Quoting Jeff Maxson(jbmaxson@surfglobal.net):
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 carol@chilledout.worldonline.co.uk wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else had a problem with ppp dial up after upgrading to testing?
> > Everything was working fine, now when I use 'PON', the system dialls and connects fine but then there is no more activity (send or receive).
>
> yes!  thank you.  I have also had this problem, though I found that if I
> try to "pon" as root it works.  I used to just be ok until I updated my
> testing version the other day.  I look forward to the fix...

ISTR that when I upgraded to woody I had the same problem, root could
dial but not a user.  Checked /dev/ttyS0, my modem port, and found it
was root root, changed it to root dip ,it worked, and promptly forgot
about it.
--
In English, every word can be verbed.  Would that it were so in our
programming languages.