Domain Controller

Hello all,

I have a network running M$ Win NT as domain
controller and clients running M$ Win NT workstations.
I plan to switch over to a full Debian system in a
phased manner. Now I plan to change the server to
Potato. Is it possible to setup the potato as a domain
controller as NT so that I can get rid of the NT
server ? (I mean the clients should be able to log on
to the server, with user validation from server as in
the case of NT server)

Another machine in the network is running on potato
with samba etc and I am able to share files in that
machine to the win clients. I wish to change the
inital user validation also to be from the Potato.

Rds,

Deb