NIS / NIS+ / NYS ???

Hi All,

How can I get all my linux machines to "log into" one linux box ?
like you can with NT - get all the workstations to log into one
server etc ?

Have read of a little bit on NIS, NYS etc. Is this equivalent to what
NT offers ? Is there something else that may be better or easier to
configure ?

Any advice / pointers appreciated.

Shri
NB - When I say all my linux machines - what I mean is both my linux
machines. Couple of my windoze boxes will at least be featuring linux
soon though.