Re: home and end keys not working in xterm

#include <hallo.h>
Sebastiaan wrote on Wed Aug 01, 2001 um 08:34:56PM:

> > "\e[1~": beginning-of-line
> > "\e[3~": delete-char

A kludge, should not be used.

> > "\e[4~": end-of-line
> > "\e[d": backward-word
> > "\e[c": forward-word
> >
> Does not work for me. I am running woody. Any ideas?

I helped me with forcing xterm to send other keycodes, but the problem
is here. Feel free to report this as a bug. As far as I know all
X-Terminal programs are in sync with current termcap database, all but
xterm, which send broken key sequences to programs inside the terminal.

So, this ~/XTerm file helped:
---
*VT100.Translations: #override ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta <Key>Home: string("\033OH")\n\
                               ~Shift ~Ctrl ~Meta <Key>End: string("\033OF")
---

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
The early bird gets the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.