Missing perldoc in stable?

I've got a stable system which doesn't seem to have perldoc on it...
Unstable seems to have it in the perl-doc package, which is virtual
in stable and provided by perl-5.005-doc, which is installed, but
dpkg -S, find, whereis, tab-completion, and everything else I've tried
all insist that there is no file named perldoc on the system.

Where can I find it?

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox