Re: BTTV on Debian and Kernel 2.4.7

Hallo Herbert,
Herbert Pirke schrieb am Mittwoch, den 01. August 2001:
> Under SUSE-Linux I had my TV-Card (Terratec TV+)
> running perfectly. SUSE installed everything
> automatically, which means that I have no idea what to
> do.

See /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST to get
the correct values for insmod-options. And see
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/Insmod-options for the
insmod-options to put into /etc/modutils/aliases. Run update-modules
and add users who are allowed to watch tv to group video.

Then starting your tv-app or typing modprobe -k bttv should load all
required modules.

BTW: Has anyone already debianized nxtvepg? (Electronic Programm Guide
for analog TV supported in Germany, France...) The only packages I have
seen so far were for BSE^HD.

> Has anyone got the bttv drivers working on a
> 2.4-kernel? Experienced any problems? Are there any
> changes to 2.2?

There have been changes but these shouldn't bother you ;-)

Matth¡as
--
Matthias Richter --+- stud. soz. & inf. -+-- http://www.uni-leipzig.de
-->    GPG Public Key: http://www.matthias-richter.de/gpg.ascii    <--