Re: Accessing MS SQL Server from Linux

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 02:15:49PM -0700, debuser@platinum.globalmart.com wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience accessing MS SQL Server from Linux?
> Either from C, Perl, or PHP? If so, what do I need in order to do
> this?

I don't have any specific experience, but I think both Perl and Python
have database access routines specific to MS SQL Server.  There's also
the ODBC route (see iODBC) which is probably the only way to write C
code on a Linux machine that will talk to an MS SQL Server over the
network (I doubt MS will port their data access libraries to any Unix).
I'd bet on Perl for the best support (there are lots of Perl/Database
hackers).

Luck,

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>