Re: font-lock, xemacs, latex

Peter Mickle wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. as I mentioned previously, I believe font-locking
> in latex in xemacs was enabled by default, because I believe I used to
> see that behaviour without specifically requiring font-latex, or without
> doing anything with Customization menus. Don't know if it's necessary to
> add to menu.

Okay, then you probably had regular font-lock support for latex-mode on,
rather than font-latex which needs to be explicitely enabled.

You had probably enabled font-locking in general from the `Options'
entry in the menu-bar and somehow deleted your ~/.xemacs-options file.

> Generally, is it discouraged to use both emacs and xemacs as the same user on
> the same machine?

Not at all.

>         Also, one more question, is it discouraged to use xemacs "internal"
> package management functions? does this conflict with apt? what is the
> recommended approach. Thanks,

Good question,  I don't know the answer.  I think some recent work has been
done to work out how to better package XEmacs and friends, but I don't use
it very often and haven't followed that much.  Perhaps someone else can
jump in here.

Peter