Re: Straight to woody after fresh potato install?

csj wrote:

> The first of two questions: Is it OK to specify woody as the apt source after
> a fresh potato installation (I just grabbed, as someone suggested, the 2.88mb
> floppy install image)? I want to have woody with the least number of
> downloaded packages.

Sure.  I'd recommend changing your sources.list, apt-get update, then
install debconf, then apt-get dist-upgrade.

> Second question: where is the best place to get the latest gnome packages?
> I'm planning to do some gtk compiling. Which gnome and what (virtual?)
> package do I specify to get a complete development environment. This query
> has been prompted by my inability to compile the lastest xcdroast (0.98?)
> under potato.

I just use the packages at Helixcode.  I don't even use the Debian GNOME
packages if I can help it.

--
-=|JP|=-                "Why, oh, why didn't I take the blue pill?"
Jon Pennington        | Atipa Linux Solutions   -o)

6D04 39E0 CAE9 9ADA 2CA3  2EBE 898A 6C37 CA1E A29C