Re: glibc devel info pages

Brian May wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the quickest way to look up a include file required
> for a given function in glibc?
>
> Before, with the man page system, I would be able to type in "man
> vasprintf" and all the information I ever required would be presented
> on the screen right in front of me.

Like this?

hal9000:~$ man vasprintf
Reformatting vasprintf(3), please wait...

PRINTF(3)           Linux Programmer's Manual           PRINTF(3)

NAME
       printf,  fprintf,  sprintf,  snprintf,  vprintf, vfprintf,
       vsprintf, vsnprintf - formatted output conversion

SYNOPSIS
       #include <stdio.h>

       int printf(const char *format, ...);
       int fprintf(FILE *stream, const char *format, ...);
       int sprintf(char *str, const char *format, ...);
       int snprintf(char *str, size_t size, const  char  *format,
       ...);
       int asprintf(char **strp, const char *format, ...);
       int dprintf(int d, const char *format, ...);

       #include <stdarg.h>

       int vprintf(const char *format, va_list ap);
       int  vfprintf(FILE  *stream,  const  char *format, va_list
       ap);
       int vsprintf(char *str, const char *format, va_list ap);
       int vsnprintf(char *str, size_t size, const char  *format,
       va_list ap);
       int  vasprintf(char  **strp,  const  char *format, va_list
       ap);
       int vdprintf(int d, const char *format, va_list ap);
<etc, etc>

So for vasprintf you would need stdarg.h  Or am I reading this incorrectly?
Going on the presumption that I'm reading this right, I take it this is not
working for you?  If not, have you got the manpages-dev package installed?

If I'm understanding this incorrectly, then just ignore everything I've
said. :)
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.