tin: full-screen highlight when 'hot' items in thread/article levels

I'm using tin as my newsreader.

Playing with kill/score file, I've found that if I hotlist a user or
topic, the result is that from the first highlighted article down, the
entire screen is highlighted, when using ANSI color.  Disabling color
results in what should be proper behavior -- a 'hot' mark next to
hot-scored threads/articles, a highlight bar on the current
thread/article, and the rest of the screen in normal dispaly.

The behavior is present under X (rxvt) *or* console-mode sessions.

Anyone else noticing this or have a fix?