mkisofs USELESS #!@!#@*

Can't make the damn thing work. Manual is USELESS and only understandable by
PhDs in computer science, and perhaps the author. (As an example, one example
command line I found with Google started with `mkisofs 1.31' and it
complained that it couldn't find `1.31' - like HTF am I supposed to know not
to put that on the command line??? There was no explanation of what that
number was for.)

Anyone got an example command line for me to use mkisofs and cdrecord to get
an ElTorito boot image thingo on a CD-R?

Here are the details:
- /root is the directory where my boot image is, and is called
tomsrtbt-1.7.361.ElTorito.288.img
- I will be invoking mkisofs from /root
- mkisofs is located in /usr/bin/
- The image is an ISO 9660 2.88MB floppy image
- Does it matter if I get a warning that the filesystem is not ISO 9660
conformant when I write a CD? Will that stop the CD from being bootable?

Thanks for any help. This is making driving me nuts.

James

--
Penguin
penguin1@dodo.com.au

"Girls are for pleasure; boys are for ecstasy."