Re: Virtual PC

<quote who="David Edwards">
> Hi
>
> I have installed Debian on my imac using Virtual PC, but I am
> having problems with X window.
>
> Do you know if Debian can run on VPC or will I have to change to
> redhat?

what video chip does virtualPC emulate? i haven't used
it myself. when using VMWare it uses it's own video
chip which requires a special driver. XFree 4.1 includes
support for the vmware virtual chipset, but without
a driver on other systems only 16colors is allowed.

i reccomend trying either a framebuffer driver for X
or the vga driver(16colors) if you can't track down
the drivers for it...

nate