Re: How can I get the Euro symbol?

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 06:37:27PM +0000, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> I have carefully read through the Debian Euro HOWTO and am now more
> confused than before. Basically I do not understand what I am supposed to
> do. In true Linux style, the HOWTO makes too many assumptions about what I
> already understand about locales etc.. All I want is a simple set of
> instructions, no explanations necessary. Step one - do this, step two - do
> that, and so on. I am really not interested in the ins and outs of
> localisation.
>
> Has anyone written the dummy's version of this document?

It might be worth having a look at the Euro-Char-Support mini-HOWTO
(/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-html/mini/Euro-Char-Support/index.html if you
have doc-linux-html installed, or somewhere on
http://www.linuxdoc.org/). I'm not sure if it's good enough either - it
was put together quite recently - but it does at least have the virtue
of being concise.