How can I get the Euro symbol?

I have carefully read through the Debian Euro HOWTO and am now more
confused than before. Basically I do not understand what I am supposed to
do. In true Linux style, the HOWTO makes too many assumptions about what I
already understand about locales etc.. All I want is a simple set of
instructions, no explanations necessary. Step one - do this, step two - do
that, and so on. I am really not interested in the ins and outs of
localisation.

Has anyone written the dummy's version of this document? It's not like we
in the UK are moving over to the Euro (unfortunately) tomorrow, but there
will be a need to use the symbol accasionally.

Thanks.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux