Re: Cant kill .deb package after wood upgrade

> I upgraded to woody and have a package that wont die.  I cant remove it
> or reinstall it.  Help please.
>
> root@portal:[46]~ dpkg --purge --force-all snort
> (Reading database ... 29348 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing snort ...
> /etc/init.d/snort: var: command not found
> dpkg: error processing snort (--purge):
>  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 127
> postinst called with unknown argument `abort-remove'
>  snort
> root@portal:[47]~
>
> --
> hanasaki@hanaden.com
> Spam : def: It's not kosher.

Not sure but a brutal solution might be to write a pseudo
/etc/init.d/snort script. Something like

#! /bin/sh
#

case "$1" in
  start)
	;;
  stop)
	;;
  reload)
	;;
  restart|force-reload)
	;;
  *)
	;;
esac

exit 0

Another way might be to download the package, unpack it in a temporary
place and copy the init script from there.
--

    Shaul Karl
    email: shaulka(at-no-spam)bezeqint.net