Re: scientific graphing program with histograms

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 10:12:57PM -0600, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> How about R?  It's a stats program but I imagine that is what you are
> referring to. If you have numeric data it will graph it.  Has perhaps
> the best graphing package around.  You can do anything you need to do
> with it.  More flexability than any other package I have seen (steep
> learning curve though).

yes the curve can be steep, but given the original interest in simply
doing histograms, a quick:
  > demo("graphics")
at the R prompt would quickly show the code for an example histogram
that might flatten that curve.

--
Sergio J. Rey	http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html
To the optimist a glass is half full. To the pessimist a glass is half