Re: Motorola SM56 PCI modem question

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 11:49:11AM +1100, Steve Kieu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found from linmodems.org that sm56 is supported; and
> follow the link i  got the motorola page but it says
> there are two types and they only have driver for
> Motorola SM56 PCI modem (not speaker). I dont know if
> I could use this driver ;
>
> If anyone has used or any experience on that matter,
> pls help

i had the modem with ur config (speaker),one year back, but i can't
properly configure this, so i had been put off it.
the problem being is that , it will not have kernel support ,and so i will
insert modules, but failed to config.
i don't know still it have any support.
the better option is throw away the internal one  and buy external one
like me.

-jijo jose