Re: Email client programs

Craig Dickson wrote:

> Lev Lvovsky wrote:
>
> > why the insistence on fetchmail?
> Also, with fetchmail, you don't have to bother telling your mail client
> about your POP or IMAP server -- it's one less thing to configure if you

  provided that you want to download emails from IMAP which is not a
very good way to use IMAP. I guess it's desirable in some situations...
but often you might want to use it straight as it is or, if the network
connection is not good enough, use it in off-line mode. Unless you want
to consolidate all you accounts in one, then it makes sense to download
even IMAP mail.

  but then it makes sense to run local IMAP server (for similar reasons
that it's desirable to use fetchmail to fetch email).

	erik