Re: Debian issue's and problems

gizim69@juno.com wrote:

>i came to try Debian because i have heard soo many good things about this
>distro.
>Well i have come to find that it is FALSE!
>
>r. Potato is the most broken release i have ever seen
>the most simple packages are broken all to hell.
>I get this when startx
>
>X connection to :0.0 broken
>
>i had problems installiong packages 5 times!!!
>
>xserver-vga16
>task-x-windows-system-core
>all of gnome
>xext
>xf86setup
>
>in /user/bin/dpks
>
>i will from now on find a better distro that can make a OS that is NOT
>broken to hell!
>and that someone that wants to learn linux can do so without having
>everything go wrong!

"When you're doing something the wrong way, you'll end up going in the wrong
way. Fortunately, you can always backtrack..."

It would help us diagnose thy problem if thou art specify the errors you've
encountered, and what did you do (err how to reproduce the errors). I simply
can't agree straightforward that Potato is broken for I use Potato myself,
and even backported lots of packages for my own use, since most of Potato's
gems are quite antique, as well as the fact that I didn't encounter those
problems when I used Debian for the first time last July via installing
Potato.

I won't blame you if you say that installing Potato was quite a pain. It
once did on my case (as I once used RedHat). Not that I'm an ingrate to the
various contributions RedHat gave to the Linux community (despite the
unpolished releases), but I switched to Debian when it dawned to me that
Debian is easier to maintain, given that you overcome the hurdle of install.
And now, I'm comfortable with Debian.Some say that Debian is not for beginners
- - well that's so if your a beginner without the patience and determination
needed when you learn something new. You're not one, right?

Say, how about specifying the causes? How do we reproduce your problems?
Any useful hints you can give us before posting yet another flaming mail?

Paolo Alexis Falcone

www.edsamail.com