Re: Debian issue's and problems

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> i came to try Debian because i have heard soo many good things about this
> distro.
> Well i have come to find that it is FALSE!
>
> r. Potato is the most broken release i have ever seen
> the most simple packages are broken all to hell.
> I get this when startx
>
> X connection to :0.0 broken
>
> i had problems installiong packages 5 times!!!
>
> xserver-vga16
> task-x-windows-system-core
> all of gnome
> xext
> xf86setup
>
> in /user/bin/dpks
>
> i will from now on find a better distro that can make a OS that is NOT
> broken to hell!
> and that someone that wants to learn linux can do so without having
> everything go wrong!

LOL.  Yeah, I could have written this same email when I was trying to use
dselect a year ago before learning how to use it.  I can feel the
frustration here in this poor person.  I had it too.  I was trying to
install slink I think.  Hopefully he'll do the same thing I did - stay with
RedHat for a while and try again later.  Fortunately potato had X 3.3.6
which had my video driver and I was able to install and bypass dselect for a
while.  Then I learned about apt-get which made a big difference.  Good
luck.

Anita