Re: ssh and X

* Jens Müller (jens@unfaehig.de) spake thusly:
> Since upgrading to Woody, X forwarding over ssh does not work any
> longer, which is a bad thing, since I cannot run X programs as
> super-user now.

Check that you allow X11 forwarding and root login ("yes", not
"without password") on the server. Other than that, most problems
are due to different versions of the SSH protocol used (v.2 vs
v.1.5 on older versions of OpenSSH). Check if you have id_rsa and
id_dsa keys for v.2 in authorized_keys[2], and "Protocol" and
RSA-related options in sshd_config.

Dima
--
I have not been able to think of any way of describing Perl to [person]
"Hello, blind man?  This is color."                                      -- DPM