kernel compile problems

Greetings --

I've been setting up a new Athlon system (thanks Santa!), and I've
been having some kernel compile issues (linker bombing out, mainly).

I was chalking it up to some Athlon quirk (power supply, cooling,
etc.), but just on the off chance I tried to re-compile a kernel on my
old Celeron-based system -- and I got the same *sort* of error (not
the exact same error, but the same sort of linker error).

So, is there some sort of problem with kernel compiles here recently?
I notice we got new gcc packages yesterday...

Running: sid, up to date as of 12/25.

john.
--
genehack.org * weblog == ( bioinfo / linux / opinion / stuff ) * daily *

Avoid multiple exits from loops.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)