Re: Where do you RTFM ?

on Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 08:57:27PM -0600, John Hasler (john@dhh.gt.org) wrote:
> dman writes:
> > Personally it is the emacs-centric interface.
>
> What is emacs-centric about (N)ext, (P)revious, (U)p, (S)earch, and ENTER?

How about the fact that NPU have no relationship to your _own_ path
through the documentation tree (as they would in, say, a web browser,
which is, along with 'less', the most common text-reading environment
most of us know.

I constantly find myself surprised with where info wants to take me, and
perplexed at how to get back to where I wanted to be.

> I use both info and Emacs and don't find info Emacs-like at all when
> not run from inside Emacs.

It's rather more like emacs than, say, less.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org