Re: Move from RedHat to Debian

D. wrote:

> I do not agree with the general consensus that the
> Debian installation is that hard.  No it does not see
> how much disk space you have like Mandrake and then
> install what it thinks that you need, it leaves that
> up to you.

It's not that the Debian installation process is hard, but that Red Hat
holds the user's hand more and asks fewer questions. They aren't as
idiot-proof as Windows installs, but they're closer than Debian is.

Debian is actually pretty straightforward, but you do have to have some
idea of what you're doing.

Craig