Re: damn, damn, damn installation!!

on Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 11:24:22PM -0500, Luiz Afonso B de Campos (loubell@operamail.com) wrote:
> Dear Sirs
>

> I had nearly installed GNU Linux Debian 2.2 potato version when in the
> step of installation "Install Operating System Kernel and Modules" the
> machine did stopped when I typing in
> "/instmnt/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/2.2.16.2000-07-14/images-1.44/udma66"

Check the other virtual terminals for messages, if you can get to them.
Try typing:

   <alt><F2>
   <alt><F3>
   <alt><F4>

...which should get you the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th virtual terminals.  I
believe actions and system messages are logged to 3 & 4, respectively,
though don't quote me.

Providing more information on what was done and/or said when the system
faile(s) would be helpful.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org