Re: init

on Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 12:52:40AM -0500, Brian Clark (brianj@fusionwerks.com) wrote:
> I'm sure I missed this memo, but why is init suddenly showing in the
> process list as `init [2]   --init'? Ie., with the spaces and --init
>
> This is on woody. My potato system isn't like this, so I was wondering
> what has changed, if anything?
>
> I'm hoping this is normal..

I think the PS reporting's changed somewhat.  Programs can now output
status information in the COMMAND field, IIRC.  This isn't restricted to
Debian, I think I first ran across this on the OpebBSD-misc list.

FWIW, I've also got 'init[2]', on two of my Sid systems, but not the
other two (the two absentees being the most recently rebooted of the
four, and at least one of them being pretty up-to-date).

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org