Re: What's a debian kid look like?

Brian Nelson wrote:

> martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> writes:
>
> > also sprach Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> [2001.12.24.0101 +0100]:
> > > Sure, and someone else can answer them.  Besides, when's the last
> > > time a question was asked by a Microsoft mailer user or an html
> > > poster that couldn't be found in a FAQ or google search?  Or, even
> > > better, when's the last time one such user offered an inciteful
> > > answer that was worth reading?
> >
> > it happens quite a bunch as some of the most capable debianers are
> > unfortunately stuck with jobs that force them to use windoze machines.
>
> Assuming most of us live in so-called "free" countries, we are free to
> get another job then.  Or, lobby to change the brain-damage policies at
> their work.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to work for a company that
> forces their workers to use broken, dangerous software.
>
> In my not so humble opinion, anyone that is spineless enough to put up
> with working in a forced MS environment is not worth listening to, and
> therefore I choose to ignore them.

  choice of email client is not the only factor in choosing the job.
e.g. at my job we do all the development on solaris but outlook is the
only suported email client (they don't even offer pop3 anymore). I don't
see it as a reason to quit. would you?

  I lobby for using better tools here and there (I have other thing to
do on my job as well:-) but changing email for a company of 200.000 is
not that easy.

	erik