apt broken

Hi !

I accidentally broke apt by removing the files from /var/lib/apt/lists.
I did this because i wanted to clear the available lists of debian mirrors
and
planned to do a new apt-get update.
But now apt is broken, when I do an apt-get update I get the following error
"
E: Lists directory /var/lib/apt/lists/partial is missing.
What i'd like to know is : where does apt store the lists of available lists
and
can I clean that file in order to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Mvg,
Mark

:wq