Kernel 2.4.16 and boot floppy

Hi,

I'm running 2.2.19 as original kernel, and I installed the 2.4.16 kernel
with apt-get. This didn't produce any errors so I assume it went ok.

However, I am using a boot floppy to start up my system, but this floppy
doesn't work now. I choose to make a new boot floppy when the new kernel
was installed, but it boots up my system with a kernel panic message
complaining that it cannot boot the fs...

I know this is a problem with initrd, but i can't figure out how to
configure my boot floppy to use this.

Can someone please post an example of their boot floppy contents ?

Thanks for any help ! :)

Dick