keyboard stopped working during installation

I am stuck in the installation process because my keyboard stops working
at a certain point. When I reboot the system the installation process
continues at the point where I must choose the Time Zone (yes for GMT).
At that point I can not press enter for Yes anymore. I don't have a
mouse for the system.

Is there a way to solve this or should I restart the installation and
can I prevent this behaviour?

Just before the screen switches from black to blue I see the following
error a few times.

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = "",
LANG = ENGLISH (QWERTY/US)

The system has worked with many OS-es fine before. I also switched the
keyboard for another but also that did not help. I can use the numlock
key until the blue installation screen returns. During the installation
procedure both keyboards seemed to have 'double' enters: one hit on
enter key resulted in two enters.

Richard