Re: Problems wih starting X

* Jens Kubieziel (maillist@kuwest.de) [Dec 22. 2001 17:19]:

>  ,------------ [ from XFree86.0.log ] ------------
> |  VESA(0): no matching modes
> |  Screens found, but none have a usable configuration
>  `------------------------------------------------------

>  I tried also to work with xviddetect and XF86Setup both commands were
>  not found. If I'm using xf86config, I get the same problems as above.

>  Do you how I can fix it?

Are you using XFree86 4.x? I think you probably are if you're in Woody.
I had the *exact* same problem, but mine was due to frame buffer
support.

Run `dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86' to configure X. And you may want
to answer `No' when it asks you about frame buffer support unless you
know what you're doing there. I think that will probably do it.

--
Brian Clark | Debian GNU/Linux: 3950 packages to keep you busy.
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8