Re: Internal Modem- compatibility

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 chidambaram_ram@vsnl.net wrote:

> Sub:Internal Modem -Comptibility I have an internal Modem Compaq
> Presario 56K-VSC.Request to find out whether it is compatible to
> Linux. It works well in Windows.Ramachandran.C

Is it a WinModem?  If so, it's going to take more work than it's worth.
Go get a real external serial (not USB) modem for easiest setup.  Is it
a real internal modem(winmodems don't count)?  If so, it may be tricky
and worth more work than it's worth.  Give it a shot, but be prepared to
get a real external serial (not USB) modem for easiest setup.

--
Baloo