Re: Where can I find KDE2 Debian packages ?

"Dan S." <kiyose@peak.org> writes:

> KDE2 is now part of woody. Just do an apt-get install kde and you should be
> ok.

I don't see any package called kde, except in the packages for sid.

I see kdebase for woody (It sure would be convenient if the packages
had the same names as the packages that kde distributes).

The install seems to be a little weird though. Doing apt-get install
kdebase gets me kdebase and kdelibs3 which is for version 2.2.2 while
kdebase is for version 2.2.1 and when kde loads it sayd kde 2.2.1.

Any hints about how to get kde 2.2.2 installed under woody (aside from
the crochety standby "consult http://www.google.com";). I tried adding
unstable to my sources.list and setting up an /etc/apt/preferences
file after someone's adivce but when I try to install the package
called kde, apt complains that the package is "broken".

Kendall