Re: USB Mouse, GPM and Kernel 2.4

Didier Malenfant wrote:

I was the one with the ES1371 problems, I tried to start from scratch by
compiling 2.4.16 myself and now my soundcard works fine. Only difference
seems to be that I now have an audio codec module loaded, didn't have
that under 2.2.18.

I don't have a /dev/input directory, am I missing a package? (devfs?)

For setting up your USB mouse take a look at
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x173.html
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x194.html
Also load kernel module mousedev.o, if it is not compiled into your kernel.

I haven't tried /dev/usbmouse under X but I will do.

I couldn't get my USB mouse to work with this device and use /dev/input/mice

-D