Re: What's a debian kid look like?

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 04:24, Matt wrote:
> Who are we here? I'm curious about what the Debian demographic is.  I
> know this is sort of an impossible thing to answer, but it'd be
> interesting to explore in vague terms who uses Debian, at least
> compared to those who don't.

31 years old single white male from Argentina, Systems Engineer, some
years developing in Visual Basic, DB2, C, Java, etc, recently
unemployed. I enjoy very much various kind of music, from ethnic to
punk to pop rock to tecno, I hope some day I'll learn to play guitar
decently. Also lots of reading, mostly latin american and european
literature and some sci-fi and fantasy. Many years playing role playing
games both in table and by mail.
Linux is a good alternative for developing countries who cannot afford
the expensive licenses of propietary software, specially in areas such
as government, education and health. I started using Debian some 16
months ago, after trying for a while another distros such as Red Hat,
Mandrake and SuSE. Hard to learn but you get the guts of the thing.
Currently searching for a new job or, in the worst case, for a new
country where to live in (some 20% unemployment rate here and getting
worse).

Cheers,

Daniel
--