Re: Converting between maildir and mbox

also sprach Craig Dickson <crdic@yahoo.com> [2001.12.21.0505 +0100]:
>    mkdir Mail/folder
>    mkdir Mail/folder/cur
>    mkdir Mail/folder/new
>    mkdir Mail/folder/tmp

mkdir -p Mail/folder/{cur,new,tmp}

:)

> Seems to work well enough. Mutt is perfectly happy with such folders.

and they are absolutely valid. maildirmake really just does all this.
the reason why it should be used instead is because of abstraction -
because you as a user should not even worry about the existence of
{cur,new,tmp}: the implementation details are unimportant.

and, if everyone was using it, then it would be easy for djb to amend
the Maildir standard...

... which i doubt will happen anytime soon, so go ahead, happy
mkdir'ing

> Or, if you already have procmail set up, just adjust it for the new
> format, then pipe your old mail into it. Actually, I'm not sure that
> will work with an mbox file as input, because procmail might prefer to
> be invoked once per message (?).

formail -s procmail < mbox

will split mbox up into single messages and feed them into procmail
one by one...

windoze nt crashed.
i am the blue screen of death.
no one hears your screams.