Re: init.d: writing custom init-scripts

first off i applogize for sending this by to Sean Perry personally,
still learning this new fangled evolution.

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 22:24, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > it should be :-) Well, it is an x-less station and but to go shure i
> > also put the symlinks to runlevels 4,5 and 6 too.
> >

> Debian does not play run level games.  2 is the default run level.
Everything
> else is there for the admin to tweak.

well, the OP should be correct in assuming the runlevel thing, I've
always thought the worst thing about Debian is its ignoring the runlevel
rules that have been around for some time.

1) single user
2) multi-user, no network
3) multi-user cli
4) reserved
5) multi-user XDM managed (or kdm or gdm or whatever)
6) reboot

--
yugami@monochromatic.net
GPG key can be found at http://www.monochromatic.net/yugami.gpg