Re: init.d: writing custom init-scripts

    Colin> In Debian, runlevels 2-5 are identical by default, and
    Colin> configuring any differences is left up to the system
    Colin> administrator.

What does single user mode mean?

I thought if I typed in "telinit s" it should kill off a number of
daemons before entering single user mode.

It doesn't. It just goes straight to single user mode.

Not only that, but if I exit the single user mode shell, it will
attempt to restart all the daemons which are already running! Some
init.d scripts get very confused when started twice in a row like
this...

This is with the latest files in testing (as of yesterday).

Do I smell a bug somewhere here? Or is this normal behaviour?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>