Re: unzip - gnucash - openoffice

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 12:40:19PM +0100, Fran?ois Chenais wrote:

> 	I'm using a Woody debian and want to install unzip, gnucash
> 	and openoffice. My apt-cache doesn't find any of them.

Maybe apt-get update will help in the case of gnucash. Wait, no - there
is a problem:

$ sudo apt-get install gnucash
Password:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package gnucash has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package gnucash has no installation candidate

unzip is in the non-US archives.

Openoffice is not part of woody or unstable at this moment.  You will
will have to install it in /usr/local by running "etup /net" from your
untarred source.

Regards.

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shall call
      his name JESUS; for he shall save his people from
      their sins."            Matthew 1:21