Re: How to handle whitespace in filenames ???

Michael D. Schleif wrote:

> Funny, you not only twist my words; but, you still will not take
> literally your own words, ``well, it's a valid character, why shouldn't
> it be there?''

Liar. Who's twisting words here? I never wrote what you attribute to me.
I said all PRINTABLE characters should be allowed. Or don't you
understand the difference between a printable character and a control
character?

> Did you mean something other than what your wrote?  How can I know that,
> unless you amend your written words?

Or unless you bother to read it, which apparently is asking a bit much
of you?

> Actually, when you look at the code for windoze exploder, you will see
> what I mean.  The code is slow and inefficient, because -- partially, to
> a degree, somewhat, not wholly -- of all the crazy notions they try to
> implement, such as included whitespace and backslashes (\) -- what is
> the escape character in windoze?

Escape character? In command.com? Are you kidding?

It's a terrible shell. We all know that. Spaces in filenames have nothing
to do with it, however, nor do backslashes.

> If I am to guess, I'd say that you come from a shell-less environment,
> like windoze.

I don't have to guess to say that you have no idea what you're talking
about. I'm writing this on a Linux machine that has no graphical file
manager installed AT ALL. I do have a number of Gnome apps, and the
panel, but no gmc, no Nautilus. My idea of a file manager is bash in
a terminal window.

> but, do
> not delude yourself that the gui is efficient nor optimal, in terms of
> getting things done with minimal overhead.  That cannot ever be true!

You really should do something about these delusional fantasies of
yours. Why do you keep attributing to me things I have never come within
a million miles of saying, to you or anyone else? You're just showing
off what an idiot you are.

Craig